Seleccionar unidad Navien
Warranty Service & Return Policy
This 10/15 year limited pro-rated warranty on heat exchangers, 3/5 year limited warranty on parts, and 1 year limited-labor warranty (“Warranty”) covers defects in materials or workmanship when the Navien NFB-C Boiler (“Product”) is installed by a properly licensed plumber or contractor, and installed in strict compliance with the Installation & Operations manual procedures, subject to the terms within this Warranty document. Improper installation or use will void this Warranty. This Warranty runs from date of installation and extends to the original purchaser and subsequent owners, but only while the Product remains at the site of the original installation. This Warranty includes both a limited and pro-rated warranty as set forth below.
What is Covered?
Subject to the foregoing terms, Navien will repair or replace the covered Product or any part or component that is defective in materials or workmanship for a period of three (3) years in regard to parts and ten (10) years in regard to the heat-exchanger. Navien will pay labor charges for the repair subject to Navien’s prior written approval and in accordance with Navien’s schedule of approved labor allowances for a period of one (1) year from the date of installation. All repair parts must be genuine Navien parts. All repairs and replacements must be performed by and individual or servicing company that is properly licensed to do the type of repair.
Residential1: When the Product is or only has ever been used for anything other than commercial or multi-family residential applications (hereinafter "Residential") then the parts warranty will be five (5) years and the heat exchanger warranty up to twelve (12) years.
During the applicable warranty period, replacement of the Product or components may be authorized by Navien only. Navien does not authorize any person or company to assume for it any obligation or liability in connection with the replacement of the Product or its components. If it is determined that repair or replacement of a part, under warranty, is not possible, the Product will be replaced with a new Product having at least the same BTU capacity as the product at issue. The replacement component or product will be warranted only for the unexpired portion of the applicable warranty period for the original component or Product.
The heat exchanger is covered by Navien’s pro-rated limited residential Warranty for defects in material and workmanship at a cost to the customer equal to a percentage of the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), at the time the warranty claim is approved by Navien, as indicated in the following Coverage Table for Heat Exchangers Only. This pro-rated warranty only applies to the replacement of the heat exchanger and does not include labor, shipping, other parts, delivery or installation. In order to obtain this warranty, the customer must pay the applicable pro-rated amount as indicated in the following Coverage Table for Heat Exchangers Only. Once the customer pays the pro-rated amount, then Navien will ship the heat exchanger directly to the service provider.
Coverage Table for Labor and Parts Only
|Producto||Piezas||Intercambiador de calor|
|5 Years||See table below|
|3 Years||10 Years|
* Applies only to single family, residential locations.
Coverage Table for Residential Heat Exchangers Only*
|Año||Percentage Paid by Customer|
|1 to 12||0%|
* Applies only to single family, residential locations
How do I get service?
You must contact the original installer of your Product. Your installer will
need to contact Navien to report the issue. If the original installer cannot be identified or you no longer choose to use that service provider, you may choose any service provider who is properly licensed to complete the necessary repair. The installer and/or service provider must comply with Navien’s warranty service and return policy procedures as available on Navien’s website including contacting Navien’s Technical Support Department at (800) 519-8794, option 2, prior to commencing any service.
Proof of the date of installation must be provided to Navien. At Navien’s request, the defective Product or part must be returned to Navien. When the Product is installed in new construction, the date of installation shall be established as the date upon which the end-user takes title to the real property. If proof of the installation date is unavailable, then six months after the date of manufacture will be used.
What is not covered?
Navien’s Limited Warranty shall be void in the event of an occurrence of any of the following:
Improper installation, including but not limited to, installation in violation of applicable rules, laws or building codes, inadequate water quality, condensate damage, improper venting, incorrect gas type, water pressure, absence of a drain pan, improper conversion form Natural Gas source to Propane, reinstallation at another location, etc.
- Accident, abuse or misuse including but not limited to installation for non- recommended uses, failure to follow or comply with the User’s Operational Manual, etc.
- Improper maintenance including but not limited to, scale buildup, vent blockage, failure to maintain, etc.
- Modification, alteration, addition of non-approved components, or misapplication of the Product in any manner.
- Any damage caused by local adverse conditions including but not limited to water quality, hard water deposits, lime or mineral buildup, operating in corrosive atmospheric elements, alterations in smell or taste of water that have an adverse reaction on the unit, etc.
- Damage or problems caused by gas flow issues, electrical surges, flooding, fire, freezing, abnormal external temperature, force majeure, riot, act of war, or any acts of God.
- Performance problems caused by improper sizing of the boiler, the gas supply line, the venting connection, combustion air openings, electric service voltage, wiring, fusing or any other components, parts or specifications.
- Vibration and noise unless caused by a defect in materials or workmanship. Any other causes other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Operating the Product at water temperature outside the factory calibrated temperature limits and/or exceeding the maximum setting of the high limit control.
- Subjecting the heat exchanger to pressures or firing rates greater or lesser than those shown on the rating plate or removal of or alteration to the rating plate.
- Installation at any location outside the United States or Canada.
- Improper conversion from natural gas to liquid propane gas or liquid propane gas to natural gas or attempt to operate with a type of gas not specified for the boiler.
- Accidental or intentional damage.
There is no warranty on any Product purchased through the internet or from any installer that obtained the Product from a supplier or distributor not authorized by Navien
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILTY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE WARRANTY HEREIN AND FURTHER NAVIEN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, DAMAGE TO A PERSON OR PROPERTY, LOSS OF USE, INCONVENIENCE, OR LIABLITY ARISING FROM IMPROPER INSTALLATION, SERVICE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FIRNESS ARISING UNDER STATE LAW ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF COVERAGE PROVIDED BY THIS WARRANTY, UNLESS THE PERIOD PROVIDED BY STATE LAW IS LESS.
No one is authorized to make any other warranties on behalf of Navien. Some stats do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.